Friday 11 June 2010

Less Chardonnay more Chanel . . .

Now I’ll be frank about my blog today, I am probably going to leave myself open for a barrage of insults from my uber cool colleagues as well as risking my job BUT I am a massive WAG fan. Yes you can throw as many images of Victoria Beckham and Coleen Rooney my way and I want to cry with admiration for these felines.

Take VB who has a collection of Hermés handbags worth £1.5 million, surely that deserves some respect, I know there is world famine and people loosing their jobs left right and centre but this is dedication. Coleen Rooney 7 months pregnant and still in 5 inches of Louboutin’s, that’s determination and hell if by some miracle (possibly involving Brad Pitt and a turkey baster) I became pregnant I would to.

But what I find more impressive is how WAG’s as an overall have developed their look from velour tracksuits to haute couture. Okay admittedly there’s probably a professional team of stylists etc sorting it all out but let me just throw some examples out there.

Look at Queen B of the WAG’s, Mrs Victoria Beckham . . . early days of waggishness consisted of her with hair extensions shipped in from China, implants from Donatella Versace and a wardrobe fit for a 12 year girl, you’d think she was from Woolwich working as a pole dancer. Now she has her own label with fans such as SJP and Gwyneth Paltrow. Gone is the weave and goodbye Aylesbury acrylics, hello high necks, a Bentley Convertible, a Rolex for everyday of the week, short hair and a handbag I would do illegal things for, VB I salute you.

Abbey Clancey . . . where do I begin, she began looking like she was entering a beauty contest in out back America, frazzled hair, naff sparkly dress and a tan that Dale Winton would die for. Looking at her now I don’t see a Swarovski insight, and good lord did she leave the house without the rollers . . . now I like my men like an anorexic loves celery but I would go there.

Anyway it’s time we stopped slating these ladies, okay they might not have started out top of the league but we have all made our fashion mistakes . . .

Portia

-x-

Above - Portia circa 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment