Thursday 2 September 2010

Tragic Fashion Love Story: Blow by Blow

By Anisha Parmar at Blow

Blow by Blow a biography about the late Isabella Blow’s by husband Detmar Blow is a personal account of the fashion icon’s eccentric life. The book outlines the tragic along with the glorious.

Isabella Blow as Child, Left: Right Blow at Blow with Rupert Everett

Detmar addresses his personal memories of her, below is an excerpt from the book:

I couldn't take my eyes off her. After the service, I waited for an opportunity to speak to her - and we immediately connected. Despite the brevity of our meeting, I knew I had fallen in love with her, and sat with her after dinner.

They were engaged sixteen days after they met and remained together until her tragic death. The book also exposes Isabella’s close relationship with milliner Phillip Tracey. They had a life long creative alliance and as Detmar puts it a ‘no sex’ affair.

No comments:

Post a Comment