Monday 31 May 2010

Twitter as an entity is evolving. For those of you who don't tweet, myself included, it can be a plethora of up-to-the minute news if you choose to follow the right people. Mr. Hewitt convinced me to join twitter and said it's so useful for us PR's. It's a challenge trying to scout the internet for news & ideas whilst juggling my clients. Now with the twitter application on my BB, I can just sift through people's tweets about the latest, which makes my job so much easier. That is until people just tweet bulls*%$.

I know that Twitter was created so that you could tell your "friends" you were at the local coffee shop drinking a latte....but why would you anyway? Why would followers care that you have a zit on your forehead (true story, someone did tweet this and it really annoyed me)? Tweet your engaged, tweet you just created the best tart in your life and here is where you can find the recipe, tweet the success of Aqua's launch party and the write up on Daily Mail, or that Katie Rowland will be at Treasure at International Jewellery Week from June 10th.

I feel like Twitter is changing into this work space. So if you are going to Tweet about something meaningless, can we save it for Facebook? Isn't that the purpose of "what's on your mind" anyway?

You feel me?

LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment