Tuesday 25 May 2010

Encage me...

The heatwave of the past week has got me loving the fact that it is now socially acceptable to walk the streets in your smalls, without being branded a mad-hatter, overly confident or maybe just a trollop. A few of my favourites include Marc Jacobs, Dior, Just Cavalli..
It's also nice to know that when you spend £300 on a La Perla set, there's no last minute guilt pangs of 'can I justify spending this much on pants that only my boyfriend will see?'



There is also such a thing as taking it a step too far...


With the weather scorching last weekend and not quite being blessed with body of Gisele nor with the balls of Amy Whinehouse, I decided to opt for the subtle sheer bra poking out of my denim playsuit and stocking House of Holland tights, for an afternoon down Brick Lane.
This got me thinking about the whole topic of body con dressing and how I'd love to be able to rock out in Herve Leger and look fabulous and how it's seemed to have evolved into something a little more special, less unflatteringly figure hugging yet still with the option of nakedness...The Cage dress.




Only so far into the season, I've noticed how much interest a cage dress can gain. From editorial to celeb appointments, Frankie Sanford being one of them, immediately wanted to try the Georgia dress on, with it being a cage, under-wear attire optional.
Interest from the likes of Rihanna and Gaga makes me wonder how much we'll see of these stunning creations in the showroom this season.
Georgia Hardinge has also custom made one entirely covered in sequins and they can come in any colour, amazing for a music video.



The cage top, a different entity in itself, opens the doors to even more choice. If your not Rihanna or about to star in a music video, this may be more suitable..

J Maskrey's leather bondage cage top is subtly effective. Also available in crystal leopard print as above.





So with my new found love of cages engulfing my work, although I may not be able to pull off a naked version I think they are phenomenal..watch this space

Jenny xx

No comments:

Post a Comment